Occupation and Workplace Accidents
Accidents at a workplace are regarded as occupational accidents that result in some injuries at work. Those accidents can occur randomly in several premises and different environments unknowingly. And for all those, an employee is legally to be present during their working hours.
Accidental Work Claims
Accidents at work claims are sometimes also referred to as employer liability claims. They are primarily filed in the court when someone meets an accident and sustains a workplace injury resulting from the direct cause of any other employer’s negligence or fraudulent act.
A few examples of such workplace accidental claims that the best solicitors in Dublin handle include the following:
- Dangerous machinery accidents
- Health and safety breach claims
- Farm accidents
- Forklift accidents
- Accidents caused due to poor lightening
- Pallet accidents
- Back injuries due to overload at work
- Building site accidents
- Ladder accidents
- Repetitive strain accidents
- Manual handling injuries
- Lack of fault of personal protective equipment
- Retail staff accidents
- Accidents occurring in industries
- Electrician accidents and many more
Regardless of all the above-mentioned types of accidents and their related injuries at work. It is crucial to figure out whether the workplace environment is hazardous or unfit for its employees. Or, the accident was just a case of human negligence or error.
Ascertaining the correct details of the accident is essential to file an accidental work claim in court through personal injury solicitors. If the claim is legal, the injured employee may be entitled to pursue legal action and get some compensation.
What to do after you encounter an accident at work?
Accidents are very common nowadays. And while at work, almost every employee is entitled by Irish law to work in a safe environment. However, if you find out that you have got an injury at work, you may claim a personal injury. Claiming a case in court by reliable personal injury solicitors will help you get your deserved compensation.
Generally, the typical method to make a personal injury claim at work is as follows:
- First of all, it is suggested to seek medical attention
- Then you will have to report the accident in a legal way
- After reporting, you will be asked to present any eyewitnesses of the accident
- Moving on, you will be required to document the incident to follow up the case in court
- Lastly, look around and speak to the best solicitors in Dublin referring to your workplace.
What do the personal injury solicitors do then?
After you have hired a professional solicitor for your case, the rest of the case relies on him. That solicitor carefully listens to your case and follow the below-given steps:
- Works out to find who is responsible for the accident you claimed
- Gathers evidence and eyewitness
- Assess the severity of your injuries
- Arrange medical care or rehabilitation
- Review medical reports and recovery chances
- Work out to figure out the compensational amount
- Reach a way of settlement
- Present the documents of your case in the court
- Lastly, ask for your deserved compensation amount
Following this procedure, professional personal injury solicitors like those of Lawlor Kiernan continuously stay in touch with you. They may ask several questions asking even the minor details of the accident. That is so that they can go ahead exquisitely. Also, they regularly update you with the court proceedings to keep you fully informed of each step. And at last, they drive you to the final decision of the court to let you get a deserved compensation.