Generally there are two variations of the question.
In one case, as the part of the IELTS Listening,the applicant has the places on the map that are marked by letters and such need to connect them to a list of place names.
In the other, the applicant has a map with blank spaces where he/ she needs to choose the best answer from a short list of names. As a result both of these are very specific as well as common.
This is how you should answer IELTS map labeling questions:
- Read the instructions carefully provided in the question booklet.
- Look at the map and study it to get an idea of what the aspirant will hear. Visualize it while solving the questions. If they fail to visualize, it will become quite difficult to answer this question.
- Listen and move along the guidelines such that the applicant hears from the audio, and note down the answers as he/ she hears them.
- Take a guess for any answers that has never been heard.
- Remember that there will be plenty of words that student does not need to pay attention to, so try not to feel overwhelmed by the audio recording.
- If he/ she miss an answer then do not stick on it and in order that not to waste the precious time, just move on to the next part without worrying about the left-out question.
- It is very important to be aware about ‘the location vocabulary’ that is specifically being used in the map questions. This is just due to the language which here is certainly very important. Thus it is quite essential for the daily living in English-language spoken regional places.
- It is important to keep in mind the prepositions to make map labeling questions easy. Here the aspirant too needs to know about the common grammar such as adjectives, verbs and other parts of speech. In order that, the students should learn these as phrases rather than the individual words.
- While solving listening map questions, be very careful of ‘directional and instructional vocabulary’. These are the words that tell the aspirants where to go and what to do.
- Listen to the clues very carefully, make a guess after the audio about the questions have been missed and check the spellings after the completion of the task.
- It is also important while labeling the maps that the one knows the different names of the places. Thus, it is not quite as important as the location/direction vocabulary because many of these places will be listed on the test paper of the applicant. Hence, this is still the benefit with the advantages to know it.
|LOCATION VOCABULARY||DIRECTIONAL VOCABULARY||VOCABULARY OF PLACES|
|· In front of…
· On the left / right of…
· Next to…
· Near to…
|· go straight…
· turn left/right…
· go past…
· head northwest…
· keep going…
· it’s about 100 meters from…
· when you get to…
|· Traffic sign
· One-way street
· Apartment building
· Side road
Western Overseas is best ielts institute in Amritsar and Best Regional Business Partner Award Winner in IELTS by Australia and Gold Member of British Council. Its Time to Apply yourself towards Success . Take your right decision at right time.